Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Bourne Is Back


This reminds me of . . .


this.

We went to see The Bourne Ultimatum tonight. Matt Damon is a cutie but the film itself was a little disappointing. The hand-held camera work was too herky-jerky and disjointed for me. Bill even dozed off for a few minutes which should tell you something, since he could hardly wait til "free popcorn Tuesday" to see it. It's heavy on action, but light on story and some of the set pieces just went on way too long. My favorite part was near the beginning when Jason Bourne guides the reporter through Waterloo Station. I wonder if the government or authorities can really track your movements as closely as they do in this movie. Bill says "no." Huh.
On the positive side, we saw a bunch of intriguing previews and have high hopes that some interesting movies will be coming out in the fall. Actually, if you want to see a good action/adventure film, I would recommend Live Free and Die Hard with Bruce Willis over Bourne. Sorry, Matt. Don't run me over.

2 comments:

sharon said...

Help! Andre wants to see the Simpsons!

Meredith said...

I'm praying for you.