Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Need Some Christmas Spirit


I found this beautiful silver Mercury glass tree at Target and just had to buy it. I love Mercury glass; it looks so antique to me, even though there's lots of it around. I read that it is actually double-blown glass that is filled with a silver nitrate solution and sealed up almost like the inside of a thermos bottle. I like the kind that is etched and kind of irregular on the inside/outside (?), like it is peeling from within/or without. I think this tree will be my inspiration for Christmas decorating this year. My house will be silvery, frosty and glittery. I think I will go rummage in the attic and find things I can spray paint silver and dip into glass glitter.

1 comment:

Amy said...

i love that silver stuff too. I can't wait to see what your house will look like.