Sunday, November 4, 2007

It's Not Easy Being Green


Also, while I'm on the topic of being off the topic, I thought I'd mention some changes we noticed while traveling this time. Both of the places we stayed used in-tub dispensers for soap, shampoo, shower gel, and maybe something else, I forget. Anyway, while I applaud their efforts to reduce waste, I still like my own bar of soap in the shower. I thought it was a pain to have to keep pressing the button to get a lather going. So, I am going to hunt up my little plastic soap box to take my own soap with me from now on. Now, this was not true in Maine, but it was in Virginia. Maybe it's a southern thing.

Moreover, in both Maine and Virginia, we were asked if we minded if they didn't change our sheets every night. I've always thought that was a big waste of time and resources anyway, so we said just leave them. They will change them after 3 days, I think it was, in both places. Same with towels; if you want clean ones, just leave them on the floor. If not, hang them up. Makes sense to me.

And finally, for all you water drinkers, stop buying those bottles. Just reuse your old ones. Tap water is just as good. See this from today's Inquirer This is apparently the PC bottle to be using and using and using. Although, I don't see what's wrong with the odd Aquafina or Dasani bottle you already have if you rinse it out and refill it. Let's just use some sense here.

No comments: