Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Some Say The World Will End In Fire


Suzanne, a member of my photography class who lives near San Diego just posted this picture. She has not had to evacuate yet, although the fires were burning within a few miles of her home. She says that the winds have slowed and the humidity has gone up today, and they are optimistic that the worst is over for now. They have to stay inside because the air quality is so bad. Residents are being told the fires will be fully under control by Nov. 1. That's another week! What does this picture remind you of?

SOME say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Robert Frost

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a scary picture. Your caption was perfect. For some reason that is one of those poems that I can always remember. I am glad she didn't have to evacuate.
Amy