Friday, June 12, 2009

Make Your Photos Sparkle


Click on the photo to make it larger

I put a button or badge or whatchamacallit on the left side of my blog announcing a Photo Editing Course taught by Jessica Sprague. I have taken just about every photography course she offers and I can assure you that she seriously knows her stuff. Her courses are written for PhotoShop Elements and the regular Photoshop and if you want to improve your pictures, sign up for this on June 22. Go here. The best news is that she is offering this class totally free. I have no idea why she is doing that, she could get lots of people to throw money at her for this, but it is very generous and not something you should pass up.

To illustrate my point, I've posted two versions of the barn swallow picture I took on Saturday. The one on the left is SOC - straight out of the camera, and the one on the right is the same shot after a little editing I did following Jessica's instructions in another class she gave and I took a while back. When I first downloaded this shot from my camera, I thought it was pretty good. But when I put it next to the one I edited I realized there was no question that a bit of editing (not much, just a bit) improved it greatly. So, do yourself a favor and sign up for the class. You'll be thrilled with all you learn.

No comments: